2001 – 2022 Alee Lee – Heartwork
2008 – 2018 Eating Disorders QLD
2001 – 2008 BRISSC
1991 – 2001 Kids Help Line and Parent Line
It is hard to summarise my experience of the past 25 years, but it has been an incredible privilege to work alongside so many wise and brave humans, many of whom have survived some of the most difficult and challenging life experiences and gone onto contribute in their own ways to the community. I have had many opportunities to lead the creation of innovative and collaborative programs and to develop resources with the community, including the EDQ Peer Mentor and Speaker Program for people recovering from body image and eating issues; the CRUISE resource which was designed with young women who self harm to support their friends and loved ones and the I Love Me Program, a school based mentoring and training for senior students in peer mental health support and developing resources for wellbeing and body diversity.
Heartwork supports the development of awareness, deep listening or attunement to ones body wisdom, through experimentation, dialogue, art, movement, and play. By supporting and encouraging mindfulness, creativity and experimentation with the new or novel, by working mindfully with the body, the voice and emerging imagery and sensory data, to achieve greater personal satisfaction. Heartwork may be used as short or long term therapy, to assist with recovery from specific health conditions, moving gracefully through difficult times and as a supportive way of navigating work, relationship and life transitions. You can read more about Alee’s approach on the Counselling and Psychotherapy page.
- To be an ally in the process of raising awareness and possibility
- To be a presence that inspires creativity, courage and playfulness
- To share skills and services that support flexible, robust and loving relationships
- To provide an empowering space that fosters clarity and insight
- To cultivate quality listening and practices that nurture and inspire respect for complexity and creativity and build tolerance for community diversity.
- ACA Registered Supervisor
- Certificate 4 in Workplace Assessment & Training (2011)
- Masters of Gestalt Therapy (2008)
- Graduate Diploma of Gestalt Therapy (2005)
- The Outlook – Program Development and Facilitation (2005)
- Interplay Leadership Training (2000)
- Satyananda Yoga Teacher Training (1998)
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Gestalt Australia New Zealand (GANZ)
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC)
- Brisbane City Council Community Service Award (2012)
- Kids Help Line – Kylie Minogue Bursary for Study (1999)